ISO 22000 food safety
ISO 22000 food safety is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000:2005 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.
The ISO 22000 standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
• Interactive communication
• System management
• Control of food safety hazards through prerequisite programs and HACCP plans
• Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
ISO 22000 Benefits
• Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
• Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
• Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
• Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
• Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective